Sunday, September 25, 2011

My New Newer Haircut

I have never been one to have long hair. In fact, if it starts touching my neck I immediately must cut it off. I think the last time I had really long hair was in junior high and freshman year, but it was permed and somewhat in style. Well, after my last haircut, I decided to let it grow out and see if I liked it. I have very thin hair, I have a lot of it, but it is still thin, so the longer it gets the more I am aware of just how thin it is. I discovered a fun way to curl my hair though and I loved how it looked and the fact that I could wear it for a couple days was a bonus too. I was happy with it a bit longer (for me), but was worried all the curling was damaging it AND I kept finding adorable pictures of short hairstyles so I decided it was time to cut it off.

So last weekend, I went to my fantastic hairstylist, Hannah (if you are looking for an amazing stylist, please let me know) and showed her what I was thinking. There were 2 pictures one was super short the other a little more cautious. So I went with the cautious look in case I wanted to grow it out sooner. So here is the before and the after.


So after a couple days of playing with and styling it a little, I knew that I wanted to go even shorter. I think I prepared myself for chopping it all of and it just wasn't short enough. I also wanted to add some highlights. So Thursday night, I got impatient and decided to have Joe help me pull my hair through the cap and I added the highlights, which we have done many times before. But Joe left before the highlights were done and I went in to check on them and thought they were done, but apparently they weren't because my hair was now this orangy caramel color. So first thing the next day I called Hannah and she was able to get me in and fix the hair color and while I was there she also cut my hair shorter. It is exactly what I wanted and I absolutely love it!!!





No comments: