Friday, August 31, 2012

Our Family Staycation


Life has been crazy, to say the least, these past couple of weeks.  So I was so looking forward to a couple of days to relax and unwind with Joe and our girls.  My friend had a timeshare at the Desert Ridge Marriott, and we were able to escape for a few days.  The timing really couldn't have been more perfect.  Tuesday night was still available at the last minute, so we invited our new friend, Kelley and her girls to stay the night, so they could have a little retreat together.  I stayed the night too and helped Kelley put her girls to bed and got to spend some time with her.  She works in Scottsdale so the drive was not as long, enabling her to sleep in a little longer.  I took her girls to their babysitter and then went and got my family and headed back to the hotel.

Joe was able to take Wednesday and Thursday off.  We had gone as a family last year, so our girls were so excited to go back.  We unloaded our stuff, packed up a lunch, got our suits on and headed to the lazy river.  I couldn't believe how much fun and how relaxing this time was.  The big girls floated in their tubes, swam around and got to go down the water slide.  The little girls were so content to float in their tubes.  It was a wonderful time!
 Waiting for the shuttle to pick us up.

 Just floating
Enjoying our lunch 

Being silly

Back at our hotel room, we just enjoyed each other and had fun being away from home.

 There was lots of snuggling
Laughing
Being silly
 And coloring.

The next day, we had school in the morning while Naya took her nap and then headed to a kids' pool called the Lizard Lagoon.
 We were the only ones there for almost the entire time we were there.  It was great!  The pool was only a 1 ft. deep, so everyone, including Naya could play.






 Daddy and his girls.

 Me and my girls.



 We ate lunch and played for a few hours and then went back to the hotel room for a quick nap.  After everyone was rested we decided to head back to the lazy river one more time.  Floating is one of my absolute favorite things to do.

 We had to get a picture of Jaelyn, she was off the charts adorable with her tube, glasses and giant smile the entire time.

We ended the day with pizza, popcorn, candy and a movie.

I couldn't have asked for a better little getaway with my amazing family.  Every time we are all together, I have to pinch myself, because I am so incredibly blessed!

No comments: