Saturday, January 31, 2009

Showered With Love



Today was an awesome day!!! My good friend, Alison, who I have known since high school, was so super sweet, thoughtful and overwhelming generous to offer to throw Baby Jaelyn and I a baby shower. It was so great to celebrate this special occasion with so many of my wonderful friends. I was pleasantly overwhelmed looking around at the friends who came and thinking about all the stages of life that I have acquired their friendships, some recent and some many years in the making. I feel so truly honored and blessed by each and every one of them and also the ones who couldn't make it. We are expecting Jaelyn any day and now I feel really good about welcoming her home to her new room, home and family! Thank you to everyone who made this day so special, for celebrating our newest little addition and for helping us get ready! I'm a lucky girl!!!

***I do have to mention that my friends Kristen and Kelly were also there, I just didn't get them in any pictures. Kristen injured her ankle, hiking earlier this morning, but was so sweet to come (in pain) to the shower. Kelly took her took her to the ER. She ended up tearing ligaments in her ankle and is in an air-cast, please keep her in your prayers.
***Also a special thank you to Jobey and Erin for helping Alison. You're the BEST!!!

No comments: