Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our Baby is coming

I had to share this sweet conversation with Joleigh this morning. I am taking a bath and Joleigh comes in.

Joleigh: "Mommy your tummy is getting really, really big. Does that mean Jaelyn is ready to come out?"
Me: "Yes, very, very soon. I can't wait for you to come to the hospital to meet her. You are going to be such a great big, big sister. She is going to be very lucky!"
Joleigh: "Yes, and very pretty too, cause she is going to look like me." (She is saying this as she is looking at herself in the bathroom mirror.)
Me: "She will be very pretty. What do you think she will look like?"
Joleigh: "She is going to have black hair, like me, and she is going to have purple eyes. (She has said from the very beginning and the baby will have purple eyes.)

I just love to hear her perspective on everything concerning the baby. I think she really gets it, to a certain extent. After I got out of the bath I started to look at pictures of the girls when they were born. I got very emotional reliving those amazing days. I have shared with some that I have been so consumed with the actual pregnancy that I haven't focus much on actually having another baby. But looking back at these pictures, I feel so much joy and anticipation to seeing my beautiful baby, holding her for the first time and introducing her to her new family. God is so good!

Here pictures of Joleigh and Noelle as newborns, just hours old.

Joleigh Ann Jensen, born April 26, 2005

Noelle Renee Jensen, born November 2, 2006
This is one of my most favorite pictures! Joleigh meeting her baby sister for the first time. I can't wait to capture Joleigh and Noelle meeting their new baby sister for the first time. Soon. Very, very soon!!!

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Most newborns look nothing like the toddler they become. I could tell right away though who was who. It's amazing. Your girls are beautiful. I've never seen purple eyes so that will be cool to see :-)