Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas 2009

As I look back over our Christmas, I smile. It was a very busy time for Joe, but we were able to create some fun family memories, and spend some quality time with people that we love. Unfortunately, the entire family got sick the week leading up to Christmas and still weren't 100%, but it was so much fun to see the joy that the holiday brings to our children. We went to church on Christmas Eve Eve, with my parents and my Granny. Then on Christmas Eve got dressed up and went to see Joe at church before heading to my Aunt and Uncle's to spend time with my parents, sister, aunts, uncles and cousins. Then later met up with Joe at his Dad's house to enjoy dessert with his family. Then on Christmas morning, the girls and Joe slept in, only because they were up at night not feeling well. So Jaelyn and I made breakfast and waited for them to get up. Finally it was time to open up stockings and then we surprised Joleigh and Noelle with new bikes. They were so excited! But it did make me laugh later in the day when someone asked them what they got and they both said, "lipgloss and Lifesavers." Too funny! Joe's brother, Josh, and their mom came over for lunch. And then Joe, the girls and I went over to my parents for dinner with my sister and her fiance. It was really a perfect day. I stress out about the holidays and the busyness that goes with it, but I was able to relax and enjoy my time with everyone. We celebrated with Joe's family: his dad, his dad's fiance, brothers and sister, on the 26th with dinner and more presents. It was nice to have another day to celebrate. I am so thankful for my husband, my children and the incredible family and friends we are blessed with. Happy Birthday Jesus, you are the reason we have all things to celebrate!



No comments: