Sunday, April 5, 2009

Girls Night Out






My good friend Colleen called a couple weeks ago to let me know that she was coming for a visit. She recently moved to Buffalo, but her parents live here, so I get excited anytime I get to see her. I thought it would be fun to get some of her good friends together to surprise her for a night out and celebrate her 30th birthday, coming up on the 24th of April, a little early. Amy, Jill and I were all bridesmaids in her weeding and it has probably been that long since we were all together, so it was a night we were all looking forward to. After showing up at her parents' house to surprise her, we headed to Westgate, where we had appetizers and drinks at The Yardhouse. Afterwards we went to The Shout House, a piano bar. It was a lot of fun, not exactly what we were expecting though. It was pretty crude, vulgar and distasteful at times, but when they actually played the songs requested it was so fun singing along. We had a great time catching up and just being silly. I was the designated driver, so after I got everyone home safely, I finally arrived home around 2 am. I can't remember the last time I was out that late. The funny thing is that was the first night that Jaelyn slept from 9:00 pm to 4:00 am. If only I could have enjoyed it, but it was totally worth it!!! Thanks girls for an awesome night out!!!

1 comment:

Allen and Amy Waples said...

Oh, Nicole!! You have got to be kidding me...the one night you go out and you miss out on a full nights sleep...Uggh! Thanks for being our DD! :) It was such a fun time.