Friday, April 24, 2009

Joe's Birthday

This month has been crazy busy for our family, actually just Joe's schedule. So I was looking forward to Joe's birthday and celebrating with him as a family. He took the day off, which was definitely needed. The girls and I started the day by serenading him in bed and giving him his birthday cards.
Then I took the girls to the grocery store to get bagels and juice for breakfast while Joe got to sleep in some more. I gave Joe free reign to plan the rest of the day, but all he wanted to do was stay home, relax and spend time with his girls. So that is exactly what we did. My mom was so sweet to offer to watch all three girls so we could go out just the two of us. We were both very excited, we haven't done that since the baby was born. When we dropped the girls off, my mom had birthday cupcakes to surprise Joe with. We sang to him again and he blew out his candles, with a little help.




Joe and I went to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Sakana, and had sushi. It was delicious!!! After dinner, the owner's wife, who knows Joe because he goes there so often, came out singing to him and brought him ice cream. He was pretty surprised.

Happy Birthday Joe!!! I hope you enjoyed your day!

No comments: