Friday, April 10, 2009

Pre-Easter Festivities






Wednesday night the girls and I went over to my mom and dad's for dinner and a little egg decorating. My mom had everything all ready: the eggs boiled, table cloth down, dye ready and stickers on hand. Joleigh and Noelle were beyond excited and couldn't wait to get started. This is the first year that we really have done this. I guess I just thought they were too young in years past, or maybe I was just too lazy. Anyway, we made eggs for everyone in our family, including Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jamie. We will be celebrating Easter with all of them, as well as my Granny, Papa and my brother's family on Monday night. It should be fun hiding our decorated eggs for the girls to find and just spending time together.





On Thursday, Joleigh had her preschool Easter party. I left Noelle and Jaelyn with my mom and got to go myself to Joleigh's school to watch her participate in her egg hunt. When I arrived the students were all lined up at the door ready to start the hunt. First they had to find the Easter Bunny hiding somewhere on the playground. After they found him, Joleigh gave him a high-5, but that was the extent of her contact with the bunny. I tried to get her to take a picture with him, but she would have nothing to do with it. Joleigh was so anxious to find her eggs. It was adorable to watch her find the eggs and immediately open them to see what was inside. Then she would hand them to me and find the next one. It was so nice just to have one-on-one time with her and just give her my undivided attention. We haven't had much since the baby was born. I'm looking forward to the upcoming weekend and making new memories with our family, as we celebrate Jesus and the sacrifice He made for each and every one of us.

No comments: