Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh Noelle...part 2

So, on Tuesday night after Joe put the girls to bed, I am in our room on the computer and hear Noelle come out and tell Daddy that "there is another booger in my nose." Joe does his thing, has her take her deep breath and blow a few times, and sure enough out comes another popcorn kernel out of the other nostril. I hear all of this from the other room and come running. The kernel had been up there for almost a week and a half. She had put a kernel up each nostril and when we asked her if there were anymore she says, "I think that is all, but maybe I put 4 up there." What!?! So we get the flashlight out and looked to see if we could find anything and didn't see anything. I called the doctor first thing Wednesday morning and got her in right away, just to make sure there wasn't anything else up there and to make sure there wasn't any infection. Everything was clear. The doctor said if she had put more up there then maybe they had moved up far enough for her to swallow them.

Noelle was so embarrassed yesterday at the doctors office and every time we tell anyone what happened. I hope she learned her lesson. It just can't believe that she had something up there that long and we didn't know. How scary! I'm just glad she is okay. I love her so much!

No comments: