Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Fun Day

I had been looking forward to this past Thursday for awhile. First of all, I was so excited to help volunteer in Noelle's preschool class. I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but it is so hard to coordinate child care for everyone. My good friend, Tricia, watched Jaelyn for me so I could enjoy the morning at Happy Apple Preschool. I loved being back in a classroom, helping out the teachers, interacting with the kids and meeting all of Noelle's friends a little better. We painted some pumpkins and also made Dr. Seuss hats. It was just a fun day and I look forward to hopefully getting to help again soon.

Noelle with her best friend, Lexi


Then later in the day after nap time, I got ready to go out for a night of fun and pampering. My mom watched the girls for me and I headed to the nail salon. Every year the wonderful Elder's wives of CCV plan an event for the Pastor's wives. This year they spoiled us with pedicures and manicures. It was awesome! They had yummy treats and drinks for us, as well as special gifts and a letter from our husbands. I got to enjoy some time without my kids and socialize with some truly amazing ladies. After getting my toes painted pretty, I had dinner with some of my good friends, Jobey, Megan and Kim and then Megan and I went and got some yogurt. I didn't have to watch the clock, but just enjoyed myself. It was perfect! I can't thank the Elder's wives enough for all the thoughtfulness and preparation that went into such a fabulous event!


No comments: