Sunday, July 6, 2008

Swaziland

So, I just have share how sweet and adorable my little Joleigh is. She loves church, especially since she turned 3 and gets to go to Good Times Kitchen, the preschool program at CCV. She is like a little sponge, soaking up all she can. She has memorized every Bible verse that has been sent home, since she turned two. It has completely blown Joe and I away, I think she knows more than me. I love that she can tell me about her Bible stories and teaches us all her new songs. But I think the thing that has made my heart smile the most is her recent interest in the church's summer mission project. After service we picked Joleigh up and asked her if she wanted to get the M&M container, thinking we would have to tell her what the project was all about. Instead, we go pick out a purple container (her favorite color) and she begins to tells us that Miss Shauna told her that she has to "give monies to help the kids in Swaziland. That they needed help." Being a proud parent and extremely emotional pregnant lady, I got tears in my eyes that at such a young age she had the understanding of helping people. Well, after we got home and ate dinner, Joleigh had her M&m treat and shared with her sister. So we talked about ways she can earn quarters to fill the container. By the way, I can't tell you how many times I heard her saw "M&M container." She was so excited and I am so excited for her! She is already half way there, just by being a good girl, making good choices and asking her uncles for some money. Smart girl! I love her!

No comments: