Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blessed by Friends

I have been reminded lately how truly blessed I am to have friends in my life. Over the years I have been so priviledged to have made some of the best friendships and have been priviledge to have stayed in contact with so many. This week I have been blessed to spend some one-on-one time with a couple (as one-on-one can be with kids around, but quality, none the less), and have had a some friends bless me with her willingness to help me out.

Sunday, I was able to bring my friend, Melanie, to church with me. Nothing makes me happier than sharing that part of my life with someone that I care about. Melanie and I met while I was teaching at Sheely Farms. She was a second grade teacher and I taught kindergarten. We just hit it off and I was so lucky to have her there with me. Obviously, I moved on from teaching and Melanie went to another school, but over the past 3 years we have stayed in contact and recently have been able to see and talk more. Noelle and her son, Noah are only 5 days apart, so it's nice to have that in common. It has been great to spend some time with her and her boys. On Monday, we met at Tot Town and then had lunch. The kids played great together and we were able to catch up. We have so much in common and I look forward to spending more time together in the future.

Wednesday, my great friend Lisa was a blessing. I have been so tired lately and this week was a little hectic. She was so wonderful to offer to watch the girls for me. I was able to rest, take a bath and get a little organized during the couple hours that the girls got to play with their friends and have lunch. It was so nice to have a little time to myself during the day and it was so nice to have such a thoughtful friend!

Thursday, I was able to meet up for lunch with another friend of mine, Nicole. We graduated from the teaching program at ASU West together. She is still teaching kindergarten and is going on her 5th school year. I am so proud of her for continuing. I am so glad that we have stayed in touch, but unfortunately don't get to see eachother as often as we would like. I hope to change that. I had to bring the girls with me, so our conversation was interupted frequently, but we were able to catch up on life. She is a true inspiration and such an amazingly positive person.

I also have to mention another friend of mine, Alison. We went to high school together and I feel so lucky that she is back in my life. She recently moved closer to me and we have been able to spend more time together and I couldn't be happier. She has been a lifesaver on several occasions, watching the girls for me and recently letting me borrow ALL her maternity clothes. I got a whole new wardrode and am actually looking forward to getting big so I can wear them. What a blessing!

God has been so good to me and I am so thankful for the friends He has given me. These are just a few that have made a difference this week! Thank you!

No comments: