Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good day

I didn't take any pictures today, but I wish I would have. I had a great day with my family, especially the girls. Our day started like most, around 7:15, with Noelle waking up first, then Joleigh, some cartoons, blueberry muffins for breakfast, a little snuggling in bed and then Daddy had to go into work, a little earlier than he had planned. Unfortunately, that has happened a lot lately. There is so much to get done and my man is the man to get it done. Hopefully soon he will have sometime for himself and catch up on life and sleep.

Anyhoo, I decided the weather was actually pretty nice, so we played outside, riding bikes and writing with sidewalk chalk. I can't believe how messy two little girls can get in such a short amount of time. So after playing awhile I had to give them a bath, but let them bring in there sand toys (I rinse them off first) into the bath. Who knew how much fun could be had in the bathtub and for how long. After getting clean and beautiful. I packed a picnic for the girls, a very healthy lunch, and then headed to Jack-in-the-Box to pick up lunch for Joe and I, a not-so-healthy lunch. I have been craving tacos from there, isn't that funny?!? We had a picnic as a family and played outside. It was great!

Joe had to stay at work, while we took naps, but went back up to the church for dinner. I have also been craving the sandwiches at the CCV cafe. Anyone who has known me during my pregnancies knows about my crazy cravings, and I pretty have to have what I want when I want it.

It was tonight though after dinner and after Joe went back to work, that I was watching the girls playing that I was brought to tears. Tears of joy and gratitude. I have such an incredible life! I have an amazing husband who works so hard to take care of our family, and works so hard and with such diligence to make whatever he is working on be the best that it can be. He has been working so hard lately, that he has been gone a lot but I know how hard it is on him to be away from us, that I can only be supportive and grateful to have such a wonderful provider. I was also remind about what amazing gifts God has given me in my Joleigh and Noelle. Lately, some days have been long and exhausting, but their smiles, laughter and "I love you's" (or as Noelle says "I duv you too"), make every hard moment seem so small and insignificant. I can't wait to bring this new little baby into this wonderful family of mine. And to one day just sit back and watch the three of them running around, having the time of their life, while holding my husband's hand. It was a good day!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

great pictures! i love those matching outfits.