Friday, September 12, 2008

"I sawry."


Noelle has been pretty funny/sweet/frustrating lately. She is going through a bit of a sassy stage, where she is testing the boundaries a little more. For instance, one example, she likes to push the buttons on the cable box, receiver and/or the remote, especially when Joleigh is trying to watch a show. I can't tell you how many times I have told her "NO!" and slapped her hand. I started time-out with her not very long ago and she thinks she has already mastered that form of punishment, and to her credit I am at a loss. Let me explain. So she does something she is not supposed to, I reprimand her and before I can send her to time out, she looks up at me, or Joe, with these sweet little eyes and face and says, "I sawry," then proceeds to hug us. She will then walk over to time-out. But by that point I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. The "I'm sorry" is supposed to be the conclusion of the punishment. Plus, her apologies are just so gosh-darn adorable that I just melt and give her hugs and kisses. I guess I will just have to figure out something else, but in the meantime, I guess I will just have settle for the her sweet little apologies and hope it all just sinks in eventually.

No comments: