Sunday, October 12, 2008

I've been busy

So it's has been awhile since I last posted and I feel like I have been so busy, so I am going to play a little catch up. After we found out last Friday about our sweet little girl, Jaelyn, coming, life has been a little crazy. I have really been trying to process what it is going to be like having three children, let alone three girls.

I have already begun the nesting process. On Saturday, I pulled out all of the girls' baby clothes. It made me smile to remember my two little girls at that new baby stage. There are so many adorable little dresses and I started to get really excited that Jaelyn was going to get to wear some of the things Noelle didn't get a chance to because of the different seasons. I have completely come to terms now that we are having another girl and I couldn't be happier!

On Monday, one of my very best friends, Colleen, was in town from Buffalo and she and her mom, Noreen, brought over lunch and came over to our house to visit with me, Joe and the girls. I have been friends with Colleen since the 4th grade. She is my oldest and dearest friend. We have lived apart for awhile now, she and her husband have lived in Flagstaff, Virginia, Atlanta and now Buffalo, since we graduated from high school together. The greatest thing about our friendship is that now matter how much time goes by, when we haven't seen or talked to eachother as much as we would like, it is like no time has past. She is and has always been such a generous and encouraging friend to me. While her and her mom were over I was telling them about Joleigh and Noelle sharing a room, when the baby gets here and some of my ideas for decorating. Joleigh is three and a half years old and I have never painted or really decorated a room for her. I realized that I had kind of a phobia about it. Just making a decision and actually executing it. So Colleen offered to help me paint the next day and we decided to do it.

She came over on Tuesday morning. Joe went to Home Depot and picked out some light pink paint, the kind that was safe for me to use, and some purple and white accent shades. We weren't sure when we started what the room would look like when we were done, but I was really excited to paint a room for the first time in my life. Joe gave me free reign to decide what I wanted to do. Joleigh was gone at preschool for the morning, so we were able to get a lot done, while we bribed Noelle with cartoons and snacks.



The day went fast, the girls did great and they were so patient. I am really happy with the way the room turned out. Joleigh loves purple and she really wanted polka dots, so her wish came true. We have a lot left to do, but we have time to do it before we put the girls together. Their names with go on the walls with their white letters, there are white shelves and white picture frames that we still need to put up, but you can get an idea. One room, sort of, down, now I still have the nursery to do. This painting thing is kind of addicting, I have all kinds of ideas in my head now. :)


3 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE IT!! Painting little girl rooms is so much fun. Enjoy...

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I agree - painting is totally addicting! I get the bug and can't stop. The room looks SO cute!

The Johnson Family said...

Looks cute!!! Tell Colleen hello for me the next time you talk to her. :)