Friday, October 3, 2008

We found out...

So today was the big day we've been waiting for since we found out baby #3 was on its way. I couldn't sleep last night, just anxious/excited/nervous all at the same time. We all woke up a little early, got ready, and headed to the doctor for our 8:00 am appointment. My mom met us there to not only be a part of finding out but to also help us with the girls by taking them home after the ultrasound. We went into the ultrasound room and I was ready either way to hear the good news. She first had to check all the anatomy and body parts, then it was time for the gender. The woman asked me what I thought, and I said, "We are preparing for a girl, but a boy would be nice." She looks at me and says, "It's a GIRL." I have to admit I was a little in shock. I didn't realize how convinced I was that I was having a boy. This pregnancy has been completely different than the first two in almost every way. Even my OB was convinced it was a boy. Joleigh was the only one who knew she was going to have a baby sister. I have been in a daze today, still trying to process having three children, let alone three girls. But we couldn't be happier and can't wait to meet our precious baby girl!!! Her name will be Jaelyn Adelle. We wanted another "J" name and we wanted to honor Joe's grandma, Evelyn Adelle, who has played a very special role in his life. Now we just have to wait another five months and day dream about what she is going to look like.

3 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You will be a pro at raising girls. Someone once told me when we were pregnant with Taylor that anyone can raise a boy, but it takes someone special to raise and adore and love a little girl...not that little boys don't need all of that stuff too. I guess boys might just be easier. Anyway, that's meant to be a compliment to you and Joe. And I love the name! Adelle was my grandma's middle name too.

stephanie said...

congratulations! how fun to hear of another cutely coordinated little jensen girl on the way. i am so excited for you.

i miss seeing you at tot town. hopefully i'll be back in the land of the living again soon and we can catch up. :)

Bosse Posse said...

You guys make such beautiful girls, you might as well make one more. Love the name Jaelyn, by the way, and I love the room too. Super cute. I hate decorating so keep some of those ideas in your head so whenever #2 comes you can help me out. :)