Monday, February 9, 2009

All Dressed Up

So this weekend was eventful. First of all, Joe traveled to Atlanta for work to check different churches and get some ideas. When we found out about the trip we weren't sure if it was going to be a good idea, considering I am 37 weeks pregnant, but when I went to the doctor last Monday, I wasn't even dilated, so Joe got permission to go. I decided to stay with my parents just in case anything happened. It was nice to have some extra help with the girls and I got to relax a little.

On Saturday night I got to get all dressed up to attend a benefit for One Mission. It was an event to share the vision and purpose of this mission organization and try to raise funds to continue their work to help those in need in Rocky Point, Mexico. I have shared about my good friends Dustin and Brittany Patrick who are living and working down there full-time. It was a formal event, so you can imagine how difficult it was for me to find a dress to fit my 9 month pregnant body, but I did. I was so blessed to have so many friends give me so many options, but I finally found the perfect one on Tuesday. Thanks Leslie!








My friend Jobey picked me up at my parents house. We took pictures and it felt like the prom, only very different, since I didn't have a date and being pregnant and all. The night was so much fun, I only wish Joe could have been there. He worked really hard programming the event and it was sad that he didn't get to enjoy it, but I was there to represent him and see all his hard work in action. There were so many friends there and everyone looked amazing! The night was a success! One Mission was able to raise funds to continue their work, as well as raise awareness of the needs of the people in Puerto Panasco. I can't wait to see how God will use the time, talents and resources of those who were able to attend the event!

No comments: