Saturday, February 14, 2009

My 30th Birthday

I just have to say that I LOVE my birthday! I have ever since I was a little girl. I would start the count down right after New Years and would look forward to it with eager anticipation of what the day would bring. I have the BEST memories of my family and friends making my day so special.

This year was definitely different. I still was looking forward to the day, but it was so over-shadowed by the impeding birth of little Jaelyn, that I didn't want to have any expectations for an elaborate 30th birthday, not knowing how I would feel. Joe turned 30 last year and I remember that leading up to it, he was having a hard to with growing old(er), so I tried to prepare myself for this milestone. To be honest I haven't had that hard of a time with it. If anything getting to this age has made me realize just how truly blessed my life is and how I am right where I have always wanted to be.




The celebrating began on Thursday. Joe and I had a night out, just the two of us! My parents watched the girls so we could have the night to ourselves. We went to Flemings for dinner. Neither of us had ever been there and we had a gift card. It was so nice and the food was delicious. They even gave me chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday. After dinner we did a little shopping at Westgate and then I got to pick a movie, so we saw He's Just Not That Into You. It was pretty good, definitely made me appreciate my husband and the wonderful relationship we have. It was fun to get dressed up and feel pretty, even though I was 38 weeks pregnant.

Then on the Friday, the day of my birthday, I was greeted by my favorite people in the world, Joe and the girls, who sang me Happy Birthday and had a card for me. They were so sweet!!! We lounged around that morning, then went and had lunch at Chipotle.

After lunch, unfortunately we had to take Noelle to the doctor. She has been complaining for awhile about how much it hurt her when she peed and it was getting worse. When we called the doctor they immediately got her in. They needed to get a urine sample, but since Noelle is not yet potty trained, they had to give her a catheter. Let me tell you it was awful!!! They only let one parent in there, so I went and she was in so much pain, but seemed to recover pretty quickly once she got her strawberry lollipop. Anyway, I'm glad that they did the procedure, because she had a really bad infection. She is on antibiotics for a couple weeks, then they will have to go back and check to make sure it is gone and also determine why she got it.






After the doctor we all went home, took some great naps, then went shopping and finally went over to my parents for dinner. My mom, dad and sister were all there and we had a yummy feast of beef, chicken, shrimp and veggie shish-kabobs, my favorite, and angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. I ate so much!!!

Overall, it was a wonderful day! I got to spend it with people I love most in the world, got several phone calls throughout the day, lots of text messages and emails. I feel/felt very loved and again thankful for another year of life,even though I am getting old(er)!!!

2 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Happy belated birthday. This is such an exciting week for you. I will be praying for you all day Friday!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Happy birthday! Kaylin arrived 4 days before my 30th birthday, but Mike threw me a little party anyway. She was still in the sleepy stage (And, unfortunately...so was I) so she was an angel all night and I felt really loved with so many friends around. Welcome to the 30s, girl! So far, it's been great!