Friday, August 1, 2008

My Joleigh


I have been a little nostalgic the past couple of days, especially when it comes to my oldest daughter Joleigh. There has been a lot going on in our life and I am coming to realize just how fast time goes by. Joleigh was only 9 months old when I became pregnant with Noelle and as a result the one on one time I had with her went by very quickly. I feel so fortunate that I have been able to stay home with her, so I have been able to watch her amazing transformation from my little baby to my big girl. She will be starting preschool in a couple weeks, and I think that is why I have been so reflective. As far back as I can remember in her short little life, Joleigh has brought so much joy to our life. She was such a good and happy baby, always smiling. It amazes me that she already shows in so many ways how kind she is to others and the compassion she feels is so evident. She goes out of her way to make people happy and smile, its almost what she lives for. I have to be careful if I am sad or crying around her, because she immediately responds and wants to know why or what she can do to make me feel better. I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about my sweet little girl and the wonderful times we have shared and all the time that has already gone by. These words don't even do justice to describe how truly wonderful Joleigh is and what a blessing she is to my life and our family. My prayer for her is that she never lose the innocence that she has and that nothing ever take away the kind spirit that God has given to her. I have been writing down little things she has said to me in the past couple days that make me smile and show her true character and gentletness. So I will end this with

Sweet Words from Joleigh:
*"You're my best friend and my family."
*"Don't worry, God will protect me, even in the dark."
*Random "I love you Mommy." throughout the day
*Let's go snuggle."
*I love your beautiful haircut!" (She thinks when you do your hair, that you get a new haircut every time.)
*"Thank you for dinner, Mama, it is delicious."
*"I'm glad I'm a girl, cause you're a girl, Mommy."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh wow nicole, those things joleigh has been saying are just precious. amlost made me cry too! she is going to be so blessed to look back at this blog and see these things you're keeping records of. and i am with you- i've been reflecting about how fast time goes by lately too. i cant believe our girls are going to be in preschool- crazy. you're such an amzing mommy to your girls- God couldn't have picked a better mommy for joleigh, noelle, and this precious little one you're carrying right now. :) love ya,
lisa

The Johnson Family said...

I hear ya! What a precious gift our girls are to us right!!! I need to get better at writing down what Anna says because I don't want to forget her sweet little heart. Your little Joleigh is such a cutie, and starting preschool soon!!!! I can't believe it. Give me a call when you drop her off if you need a good cry. :) I'm here for you! ~Megan