Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Girls Weekend


I am so blessed, and this past weekend helped me to remember that, in so many ways. Right after I had Joleigh, over 4 years ago, I started meeting with a group of amazing women to study the Bible and help encourage one another. We were all young and married and all new parents. We met every Friday while all our babies would nap, 9 babies at the time. Over the years we have tried to meet together, but have since had many more children, 21 altogether now, and it has become more difficult to see each other on a regular basis. So we decided it was time for a reunion and a getaway trip. I can't even begin to describe how truly amazing it is to have Christian women in my life who love me, encourage me, pray for me and want only the best for me and my family. It is indescribable!

We were all able to get away to Payson, to stay at my friend's family cabin for the weekend. It was nice to have this time to look forward to. I did bring Jaelyn with me, but she was so perfect that we almost forgot she was there, which was nice. We spent the weekend, catching up with each other and all that has been going on in our lives. It always amazes me that you can have a group of women, with no tv or agenda and the hours just pass by talking and laughing. We ate, played games and just hung out together. What could be better!?!?


I love these women and am a better person because of all of them. I look forward to watching our friendships grow in the future.

No comments: