Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Daddy Day!!!



Yesterday was Father's Day and the girls and I were so excited to celebrate their Daddy! This week we made Joe his present. I tried to be creative and really wanted the girls to make him their gift. So we got the idea, from friends, to paint rocks and use the phrase "Our Dad Rocks," but then I thought it would be cute to make the rocks smaller and glue them to a picture frame, since I am obsessed with pictures. It ended up being so much fun to do with the girls! They love projects and they did such a good job! Here they all are working hard and then the finished project.



I also made him a photo book of pictures of him with the girls over the past year. It has kind of been a Father's Day tradition to make him some sort of memory book of ALL the pictures I have taken of just him with his girls. It will be so fun to look back over the years and see all of the memories he has created with them, starting at such a young age.

The girls were especially loving their Daddy all week. He came home on Thursday and they didn't want to leave his side. So I had my camera ready.


Father's Day was actually a pretty busy day for us. After waking up a little late, Joleigh and Noelle gave Joe his presents and spent a little extra time snuggling with him before he had to go to church. The girls and I spent the morning getting ready for the day, then went to church ourselves. Afterward, we had lunch with Joe's dad and the rest of his family. Then, went to celebrate with my dad and family for dinner. The two older girls didn't get a nap, so that made for an eventful day. Holidays are always a long day for us, but we are so thankful to have both our families here and that we get to celebrate with all of the people that we love!

I am so grateful for my father and the dad and grandpa he is to me and my girls! I know how much I am loved and I hope he knows how much I love him!!!

Words can not describe how thankful I am for the man that I married and the father to my children. I look at the way he interacts with his daughters and I just know how much joy they bring to his life and how much they adore and admire him.

So happy Father's Day to my daddy and the most amazing daddy to my three little girls!!! I love you both so much!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, the picture frame turned out so well- it's super cute!! I love that Jaelyn painted as well- HA. Glad you had a great day celebrating the dads in your life.