Friday, June 5, 2009

Our 9 Year Anniversary





On June 3, Joe and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary. We decided we wanted a night away, so we waited until the 4th and 5th to stay in town and go to the Biltmore resort and leave the girls with my parents. It was the first time we left Jaelyn, but were so thankful to leave them in such a great hands. We headed to the hotel in the early afternoon, so we could spend some time by the pool. It was so nice to relax, have a nice lunch, do some reading and just lay out. Afterward we took a short nap and then got ready to go to dinner. We went to one of our favorite places to eat Oreganos and enjoyed a yummy dinner. We then walked around the Biltmore area for a while, then stopped and got some cheesecake to go. We went to bed early and slept in late (or at least later than usual) which was wonderful!!! We then spent the next day shopping at IKEA, without kids, and found lots of fun things for the house.

I had the best time with my best friend. I feel so blessed and so honored to be married to such a wonderful man, father, and partner for life. We really bring out the best in each other and challenge each other to be better people. 9 years has gone by so fast and I can't wait for the MANY more years a head. I love you, Joe, and am so thankful for you and our time away together!!!

No comments: