Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bye, Bye Jeri




Today we said "good-bye" to Jeri. Jeri is Joe's little sister and she is going to be a sophmore at Manhattan Christian College. She was home for the summer and has to head back first thing in the morning. It is always hard to say good-bye to her. She has been in my life for over 11 years, she was 8 years old when Joe and I started dating. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. During the first year Joe and I dated we did a long distance relationship while I was here and he was at MCC in Kansas. During that time I got to spend quality time with Jeri. But the hardest thing to watch was when Joe had to go back to school, he and Jeri had these extremely emotional good-byes and to this day it remains the same. It has been such a priveledge to be such a major part of Jeri's life and to watch her grow into the amazing woman she is today. She is one of the funniest, articulate, smart, sincere and beautiful people I know and this summer she showed how hard-working she can be. Jeri also has faith in God that inspires me. She has not had an easy childhood, but she has always remained unwavering in her trust in God and the hope that He gives her. She is very good at always letting me know how she feels about me either through words or writing, but I only hope she knows how much she means to me, how proud I am of her and how very much I love her! So saying good-bye today was hard, but I only look forward to the next time we talk and get to see each other and to see the amazing future that God has in store for her! Here are some pictures of our summer with her.

No comments: