Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Trip To California


So this past weekend, Joe and I, along with some others in his department and a few of their wives went to California to check out some churches. We left the girls with my parents (who by the way are AMAZING) and my cousin, Angel. I'll talk more about that later. I was really excited to get away with my husband, with no kids, for a few days and get to know the people he works with and spends so much time with. Joe travels so much, so it was really nice to get a chance to go with him. We left Saturday morning and headed to the Orange County/LA area. While we were there we visited 3 churches: Rock Harbor, The Dream Center and Mosaic. The purpose of the trip to was to visit these churches, observe, and then see what our impressions were. It was nice to see how these churches are reaching their congregations in such different ways and some of the awesome ways they are serving their communities. There were some great worship experiences and some challenging speakers. All of the services made me appreciate all the hard work that goes into planning and programming a service and gave me a new appreciation for what Joe and the rest of the programming department does!

Besides visiting the churches, we had a little down time. We went out to eat a lot and stayed at a really nice hotel. On Sunday, in between services, we spent the day in Hollywood. It was a lot of fun walking around and sight seeing, but it was a lot warmer than I thought it was going to be, so we mainly relaxed in the shade.

I got to see a couple celebrities, I'm not sure how impressed you will be, but it was fun anyway. At The Dream Center, the producer Rodney Jergens was in the audience, as well as Sinbad. Pretty cool, I know. I guess Patricia Heaton, from Everybody Loves Raymond was there, but I didn't get to see her. Her son was part of the worship team, I thought that was neat. And when we were at Starbucks in Hollywood, I saw the actor who plays, David Cho, on The Young and the Restless. I am a fan of the show, I know its bad, but it was fun to see him, even though his character was just killed off.

All in all it was a great trip. I got spend some quality time with my husband, get to know some new people, hang out with some old friends, get out of town for a few days, relax and enjoy some great worship services. The only negative was being away from my girls. I missed them so much and called them at least twice a day. But they did great and had so much fun with their grandma and grandpa. And had a blast playing with Angel's kids! I am so thankful that I didn't have to worry about them, knowing they were is such great care!


We brought the girls a surprise and this is them enjoying it!

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

What a neat getaway! Sounds like a much deserved vacation for you and Joe!